General rules of online poker tournaments
1. Tournaments will begin according to schedules. Should a player fail to be logged in at the time the tournament commences, he or she may forfeit their space at the table.
2. It’s not possible to change seats during a tournament, except when part of the tournament table balancing – see Multi Table Tournaments section.
3. In all tournaments the seats are assigned randomly.
4. During a Multi Table Tournament the button is placed at a fixed position, in a Single Table Tournament however, the players are high-carding for the button.
5. The Tournament will end when one player accumulates all the chips in play.
6. Should two or more players be eliminated on the same hand, the player with more chips at the beginning of the hand will be placed higher. If players started the hands with identical amounts of chips, then both players tie for that rank and any prizes due to those players will be distributed equally amongst them.
7. When players that were supposed to post blind in the next are eliminated, there may be players who get a reprieve from one of both blinds due to the fact that the button will move anyway.
8. With only two players remaining, the button will post the small blind and act first on the opening round.
9.1 By participating in a tournament, a player accepts the risk of Internet disconnection, due to the problems with the connection between their computer and the servers, lag or freeze or some other problem in the player's computer. PokerRoom.com does not accept any responsibility for a player disconnect except in the case of a server crash.
9.2 If a player loses connection, he/she will have an extra 30 seconds to reconnect on top of the regular time allotment for acting.
9.3 If a player times out during a hand, whether connected or disconnected, his or her hand will be folded.
9.4 If a player is not connected before a hand commences, he or she will be dealt cards and a blind ante will be posted. There is no rule against choosing to sit out – a player doing so will continue to have blinds and antes posted, as well as cards dealt.
10. Unethical play, including collusion, may result in disqualification and the termination of the offender’s account.
11. As players are knocked out, the tournament tables will be balanced to ensure all tables have as equal an amount of players as possible. The balancing of tables is done randomly.
12. A bet and three raises are permitted in structured limit tournaments. There is no raise cap in pot-limit and no-limit tournaments.
13. In the event of a server crash, the tournament will be restarted from the position it was halted. If that’s not possible, the remaining portion of the prize pool will be divided between the remaining players.
14. Prizes will be awarded in accordance with the prize list.
15. Players may not discuss a hand until all gaming action is finished.